Thursday 20 September 2012

On helmets

Helmets are ever so useful things. They protect your head for a start. Here they come in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit all manner of fashion requirements, hairdos and sometimes even safety-conscious issues.
I wear, on average, 7 different helmets a week. This varies depending on the quantity of xe oms I use. Generally speaking their qualities range from being cheap sports-cap-alikes to ex-army helmets (excellent in the instance of blitz, not so good at staying on your head when zipping about at 40km per hour). Occasionally I'll find myself able to comfortably wear a pony-tail, because there's a little space for it at the back.

I often have to hold them on with one hand, which kind of negates wearing it in the first place. I doubt when I come flying off into on-coming death I'll remember to keep my hand on my head...

I realised today just how native (ha!) I'm becoming when I was on the xe om for a good 5 minutes before the driver realised (before me) that I'd actually forgotten to put my helmet on. To be fair, he only gave it to me as we were about to go through a police-controlled area.

That's vaguely worrying. Or perhaps just indicative of how useful I see these adornments.


I'll buy my own soon, Mum, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, promise! I just need to get to that shop everyone's telling me about...

      (sorry about comment removal... can't have my name on here... ridiculous, I know, but not worth the possible consequences.)

      Delete