Saturday 8 September 2012

Banalities of the Tropical Life

Ok, I don't have Cholera. I had no default reaction to receiving that news - yes it's good, but still bizarre that I should have to wait for such tidings of joy.
What I do have is a morethanlikely repeat of amoebic dysentery. That's what those good folk who give me drugs say, anyway.

What I actually have is house arrest and its consequent boredom. I can't comfortably stray far from home. I tried to yesterday under those "I have responsibilities" and "I don't want to stay at home going insane anymore" impulses that compel us into work before sick leave is up - it wasn't pleasant.
So now I am flat-bound, with that irksome guilt that comes from having the worst immune system of all the expats I know here.
When I leave this country I hope to be 'ard as nails to any oncoming bug. Achieving some sort of immunity, soonish please, would be a good start.

I've been amusing myself with reading and taken a few shots of my wonderful living room view which reminds me that I'm in exciting and foreign climes and can't touch them because I'm stuck indoors.

Pretty, though:



If I could get the Flickr stream to work you could embiggen them. But I can't. 
I have to say, much as I love wp, I'm quite enjoying using blogger, it's just taking me a little while to figure out.

*bleurgh*

4 comments:

  1. embiggen is an invented word. stop it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and "bleurgh" is perfectly acceptable??

      Delete
    2. so. you´re alive, girl. good on ya. i don´t feel to embiggened today. mr c. from m/cr

      Delete
  2. well, no, if you're misspelling too you can't be ;)
    (I knew it was you)
    missing you mr c, why don't you come and visit? I think you'd find this place interesting

    ReplyDelete