Friday 21 September 2012

Anh co côt bía bao nhieu?

My xe om, Tuan, was rat-arsed this evening when he came to collect me from work. This was deduced by the rosy complexion (visible in the dark) and the fug of beer-y air that wafted over with him as he sprung from his seat into action.

The result of this was two-fold.
1. The ride home was much more exhilarating than normal and complete in record time.*
2. He was extremely conversational (for him).

We managed to somehow have a (very minimal) conversation about football in his native language. This was concluded at the end of the trip with him announcing that Liverpool were playing Man U tomorrow. You can tell me the result, I told him (in English, don't be too amazed).

I determinedly didn't encourage this sudden communicative tendency during the ride home as he turned round every time he said something and I was too busy clinging onto the back of the bike to think of the required verbs. Lucky you don't really get the chance to exceed 40km/hour in this city...

btw The question at the top may or may not be completely wrong and there are several wiggly-lines and the like missing.

*he's normally overly cautious and takes no risks whatsoever - he looks after me - and normally doesn't come if he's too drunk, hence occasional taxi requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment