Wednesday 3 April 2013

Local life


Typical conversation of an eve at the local shop:
Me: Chào em.
Em (name unknown): Chào chi
Me: cho chi hai chai nuoc/bía (depending on the day)
Em: You come very late! (while getting water or beer)
Me: That's because I work very late!
Em or Me: How are you today?
Me or Em: Bin tuong (not bad)
Em: not bad but not good!
Me: Ok.
Em: Are you married?
Me: Still not married. Not since last week, when you asked me the last time *smiles to show humour*
Em: Why not?
Me: I haven't had time!
Em: No! Why you not married? You beautiful, clever, funny...
Me: I don't know em. (like the last 17 times we had this conversation)
Em: It not good! Be alone is not good!
Me: Nah, I'm ok.
Em: You Bin tuong, not ok.
Me: What about you?
Em: I alone, like you. *smile smile*
Me: You see, it's ok!
Em: Well...
Me: Bao nhieu tien? (how much is it?)
Em: 8000
Me: ok, day (here you are)
Em: You get married soon.
Me: Bye bye, em.

*sigh*

A good friend is getting married tomorrow. I wonder if they just had the same conversation on repeat until he gave in... (I'm not going to marry the man from the shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment